Conversational challenge announced! See convai.io website for details.
The 5nd International Workshop on Search-Oriented Conversational AI (SCAI)
Online 🌐, November 19, 2020 (co-located with EMNLP 2020).
Click here to go to the SCAI main page.
More and more information is found and consumed in a conversational form
rather than using traditional search engines. Chatbots, personal assistants
in our phones and eyes-free devices are being used increasingly more for
different purposes, including information retrieval and exploration. On the
other side, information retrieval empowers dialogue systems to answer
questions and to get context for assisting the user in her tasks. With the
recent success of deep learning in different areas of natural language
processing, this appears to be the right foundation to power search
conversationalization. Yet, we believe more can be done for theory and
practice of conversation-based search and search-based dialogues.
This workshop aims to bring together researchers from the NLP, Machine
Learning, and IR communities to lay the ground for search-oriented
conversational AI and establish future directions and collaborations.
The 1st edition of the workshop was co-located with International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval (ICTIR 2017).
The 2nd edition of the workshop was co-located with the Conference on Emperical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP 2018).
The 3rd edition (special half-day edition) of the workshop was co-located with The Web Conference 2019 (TheWebConf 2019).
The 4th edition of the workshop was co-located with the International Joint Conoference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2019).
Topics of Interest
- Surfacing search results or other information in form of a dialogue
how to present information coming from search in a form of a dialogue
how ensure smooth transition between dialog turns
which model to use for dialog-state tracking
- Conversationalization of the information: analyzing syntactic structure
of the text and modifying it to be more suitable in a conversational setting
- Text summarization for dialog
- Evaluation of Search-Oriented Conversational AI — From
Conversational AI to Personal Assistants
- The role of personalization for Conversational AI and for its
- Deep Learning for Conversational AI
- (Deep) Reinforcement Learning for Conversational AI
- Voice as Input (when we consider not only text input, but also voice
interactions with the agent — how will it affect existing models?)
- See the main conference’s rules: https://2020.emnlp.org/call-for-papers
- Submission URL: https://www.softconf.com/emnlp2020/scai2020/
- Given that the paper submission deadline and notification date were adjusted due to COVID-19, an exception was made to allow double submissions to both EMNLP and its workshops. Note, that the reviews from the main conference will be forwarded to the workshop’s Program Committee.
- Submission deadline:
August 15, 2020 August 30, 2020
- Retraction deadline for papers accepted to for the main EMNLP conference: September 15, 2020
- Notification of acceptance:
September 29, 2020 October 2, 2020
- Camera-ready deadline: October 10, 2020
- Workshop: November 19, 2020
- Invited Speakers and Oral Presentation
- Panel Discussion.
- Breakout Session to plan a roadmap for Conversational AI
- Poster Session